September 21, 2008

PRAYERS, PRAYERS AND MORE PRAYERS NEEDED

Let me begin this post with " WE SERVE AN AWESOME GOD"

I want everyone to pray for our entire family. We have two members of our family going through some really tough medical battles.

On September 16th we were once again devastated at the results of Dale's MRI scans. He now has metastatic bone cancer involving his entire spine, pelvis (both hips, the right being fully involved) and his femurs. Dale has been has been having some severe pain in his right hip for the past 2 months, this prompting the MRI. He is beginning radiation to his pelvic area, this is mainly for pain management. We visit his oncologist tomorrow for what we hope is news of how they plan to treat with chemotherapy. We are asking for EVERYONE that prays to add our family to your prayer lists.

We do not know what lies ahead.............but we know God is with us and will give us strength, grace and his abiding love through all we face.

Dale is once again being strong, he has never given up and continues to be the strong person he has always been. He knows God has a plan for his life, and he wants to be a testimony for whoever God puts in his path.

Our other prayer request is for my dad, he is facing some challenges with his health and needs our prayers.

Please visit Dale's Caring Bridge website http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dalebumgarner

We appreciate all your prayers and thoughts.

Love in our Jesus Christ.

Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suz,
I am praying for you and Dale, and I know that God has a plan, because he says that he knows us by name and what we are to do. But nevertheless we still want it our way. I will continue to pray for God's grace during this time for you and our entire family. Dale I love you and I know that you know that God is in control. Love to you all.

Trish

Deidre said...

Hi Susan!

We found out about Dale through Ed. He spoke with Eric last week at work, I think. We have been praying daily for you guys (and have you on our church prayer list). I don't always understand God's ways for they are not mine, but I know He understands that about us. I pray for peace for you and your family. If there is anything we can do, let us know. Please let Dale know we love him and are praying....

Pam said...

Susan,

Just wanted to let you and your family know that I will be praying for you. We know that God is in control of everything that goes on in our lives, even when we don't understand the things going on our self. God's thoughts and ways are so much higher than our on and he see the whole picture, he already knows the out come. He will give you the grace and comfort that you need during this time in your lives. Just always remember that he always shows up in the times we need him the most.
Just so you know I am family too. God has so blessed me with letting me be a part of the Good and Lail familes.
Your sister in Christ
Pam

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG