August 1, 2007

My first day of posting

Ok people, this is my first, so bear with me.

I am off to my wonderful job in approximately 1 hour, so this will be short and sweet.

I pray this days goes well, my husband Dale begins his third round of chemo treatments today; after this three days of treatment he will only have one round left. We cannot complain, because he has done absolutely, amazingly, incredibly (ok through with the adjectives) well throughout his entire treatment (radiation everyday for six weeks and two previous chemo rounds), and he and I give God all the praise for this. I am so thankful for the blessings that have resulted in Dale's short illenss, we have ground so much closer (even though we were very close beforehand), we shared thoughts and feelings that really made us realize just how much we loved each other, God really does work in mysterious ways. There are so many things I can praise God for in this whole situation, (that will have to be another day). I will also have to admit there are some things that God has taught me about myself during the past 5 months, some good and some not so good. I will definietly post about that later also.
Please anyone reading this blog, who is a believer and a prayer please send a prayer up for us today and the remainder of the week.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Everyone is glad that Dale is doing well! He is my favorite brother-in-law, and I can't tell you how proud I am of the way he has handled this trial in his life. He has not complained,even when it is obvious he is WORN OUT! He is an example to follow. He gives God all the glory for his healing, and leans on Him for what he needs. Susan, you have impressed me too, as you have handled this with grace, and faith in God to get you through. God does work in mysterious ways, not only to teach the ones who are afflicted, but to touch others as well. Keep posting....I think this is great!!!! Love ya sis.......

Deidre said...

Okay, Janet's comment almost made me cry ... but, hey, isn't Dale her only brother-in-law?? That would make him the favorite, right? Just wondering :)

I'm glad you've started a blog. You'll find it fun and healing. Can't wait to come back.

Keeley said...

Mom, I am so proud of you and dad both!
You both have shown the entire family how strong your faith in God really is, or at least to me.

I agree with Deidre's comment that blogging will be a great adventure for us all.

It is wonderful to hear the stories of other peoples lives.

LOVE YA

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG