August 4, 2007

What a week

This week has been one of those weeks when nothing goes as planned,
made me realize just how much I assume all will be as expected.

This is how my week has gone, all just minor interruptions, but how it can mess with your head and attitude.

Monday was not so unusual, we did have a nice visit from our Pastor. after our visit we delivered my nephew (Sam) his belated birthday gift. We are a close family so I delivered the gift to my mom and dad's home, where you can find my sister and Sam most evenings; anyhow...
As we were sitting there chatting. Let's go to Walmart some suggested .................being the shoppers that we are, here we go, mom, Janet and myself. Now I know you are thinking why is this so special I think this was my first trip to the Wally World that I have not purchased anything (ok I did buy trash bags for the office), but that did not count, it was not my money I spent. Yes that has to be one of the strangest parts of my week.

Tuesday is ok nothing out of the ordinary, other than this being month end day, just a strange day, my traveling boss is in the office and that makes for day with many interruptions, she is working on an important
project that must meet a deadline for month end.......so here I am in the middle of her project; luckily I am done with my month end work. Not really a bad day............just a little extra work for me.

Wednesday the fun begins, I arrive at work only to discover I have no internet connection, well this just stops my work dead in the tracks, we are networked through a server and without internet I cannot do anything.( is it not sad we have to rely on machines and phone lines to get things done). After several phones calls ( total time on the phone 2. 5 hours) to our
DSL provider and our IT tech in Nashville, we still had no resolve, After getting my sanity in check and resting; not only was I trapped on the phone for several hours, I also had many trips back and forth to our equipment room, checking connections, resetting all the networking gear ( which was a whole different story, as I am only 5 ft short, and hate ladders, I was atop the ladder during most of this time). OK........well the good part is I was only working 1/2 day.......Dale was to begin his 3 rd round of Chem0.
We arrived at the Cancer Center for a visit with the Dr., lab work and a 2-3 hour chemo drip; so here we go..........the dr was at least 45 minutes, if not a hour behind schedule, so here we wait, the lab tech brought in Dale's lab results...........oh no a low white blood cell count.......meaning no chemo this week, we see the Doc, all is well he is pleased with the treatment progress. We go to the scheduling desk to reschedule chemo for the next week, and of course we get the most dingy of schedulers, I am sorry, (glad I do not have the complaint bracelet) She always has to redo and redo the schedule, she never understands, what time's we need and how the treatments are to be set up...now after the third time of scheduling we get it right. Oh did I mention I had put a ham in the oven...........ok well usually this is no problem, I was cooking it at a low temp and we were only going to be gone for 3 hours. We arrived home, opened the front door and there it is........that burnt food odor, I rush to the oven and discover my nice brown dried up ham.......what went wrong.........that is to come later.
Ok for dinner we have some salvaged ham & mac and cheese. I know not very nutritious. Ok so now it is time for the sofa.............end of this day.

Thursday is here........get to work internet is still down......oh yeah during all the computer stuff we found out that our DSL provider has decided to change our IP address, thus causing all the problems, anyway they can seem to change this bit of technology at the drop of a hat, but getting it back to the original state will take possibly several days.........ok now what is the deal.........anyway a very angry IT person spoke with a prominent phone rep and the problem was taken care of in hmmmmmmmmmmm 3o mins. Ok so now a somewhat normal day approaches. Finally 5:00 I'm off to the house. Nothing much going on, just hubby out at the grill whipping up a couple of T-Bones.....I am doing the microbaked taters, and of course the homemade bagged salad oh and did I mention the nice garlic bread......hmmmmmm remember the burnt ham earlier in the week. Well, I was simply baking my garlic bread at 400 degrees, I hear a sizzling noise, not typical for bread......open oven to check it out, sparks coming from the oven element......not good.....then a pop and much more sparkling.......ok lets get hubby.......smart man, he turns off the oven and all is well. DUH !!!
Dinner is served minus the well toasted bread. 2 hours later just curious lets try the oven, temp set at 300, about 1o mins later, check oven, no heat..........ok will deal with this later.....I'm off to bed.

FRIDAY Whole new appreciation for TGIF...........work is good, nothing much going on (we are having some really slow sales, so I am looking for something to do).......what is that mountain ..............oh filing.......so my entire day is spent putting pieces of paper in drawers overfilled with other pieces of paper. 5:00 LETS GO HOME. Home now.........discussing the oven deal with hubby, he wants to try and find a new element for this 30 year old range (yes no kidding I said 30), I want a new range...........trip to Lowes............yippe I have a new stove...........I have to interject one point here..........THANK YOU LORD FOR PROVIDING THE MONEY TO PURCHASE THIS NEEDED ITEM..........another story another day.
I do have to mention the stress level in my home this week has been tremendous and thus hubby and I both have had short tempers and said not so kind words to each other (thank you Dale for your forgiving heart)

Too bad I must finish, hubby is needing me to help install the new air conditioner for our bedroom, wow two major purchases in the same day...Thank you God one more time.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND :)


Susan

2 comments:

Janet said...

He he.....when it rains, it pours!! But at least you have a new stove and air conditioner now!! It will get better. Love ya sis!!!!!! Could be worse....you could have a stick in your eye!!!!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Deidre said...

It all comes out in the end, right? .... new stuff!!!

Hope next week is better for you.

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG