August 9, 2007

FLYING TIME

I have sat here several times this week, coming to add a post, but never really had anything to write about......I have such an exciting life, oh well. I have been keeping my eye on the postings from my sister and my cousin, they both are such wonderful moms and are so dedicated to raising their children in a Godly home.

Especially today, I got a little teary eyed reading, I was remembering my girls when they were young. Just seems like yesterday I was taking them to school, worrying about them and trying to protect them from the school bully. Now they both are wonderful adults, I am so proud, I know Deidre and Janet both realize that these wonderful years with their young babes will soon be past...as time sure does fly.

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Thank you, Susan! I do know that and even though some days are rough, I'm trying to savor each moment.

Now, for some advice on blogging....

When I first started, I didn't even know if I would continue because I never thought I would have anything to say. Then, slowly, it became such a network of uplifting, Christian women for me.

What to blog about? Remember that a post doesn't have to be 'a sermon' or something you feel is over-the-top powerful. Just make your blog your own and post about your life - which is exciting because you have 2 beautiful daughters (and a crazy family - ha ha). A good way to start, too, is to join in on some meme's. Or some weekly posts that are hosted like Thankful Thursday, Thursday Thirteen, Works for me Wednesday, etc. It gets easier and easier.

I, for one, am so thankful you started one. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.

And, traffic to your blog. This is tricky, but the best way to get other people to visit you is to comment A LOT on other blogs. This is time consuming, but draws people to you eventually. I average about 70 visitors a day, but only average about 7 comments on a post. I do it mostly for the documentation of life with my kids. I'm trying to figure out how to get my blog printed into a scrapbook (there are sites that do that), so my kids have it one day.

Anyway, keep it up!
Love you,
Deidre

Janet said...

Just keep posting. It's fun, and we will both learn it time what to do. I will have to ask Deidre what the heck a meme is....cuz I certainly don't know!! I thought that was our grandmother!!!!!!!!

Love you........keep blogging!!!It is a creative outlet.......I am loving it!!!!

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG