August 9, 2007

Thank You

Life is great, and I am not complaining about anything happening in my life right now. I live by one of my favorite bible versus
( I actually like the entire 3rd chapter)

Ecclesiastes 3.1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

I know God has a plan and reason for everything in my life,

God puts many things in our lives that we may not fully understand, but no matter what the circumstance, he will use this to show us something special.

I have always had a lot of faith, knowing that God will bring me through whatever trial I am facing. I have been fortunate in witnessing several absolute medical miracles, I know the power of prayer and healing.

God has blessed me in the last few months and allowed me to be a direct recipient of such wonderful power. I have always been a true believer in turning everything over to God, (but being human I do not always practice what I preach), and having faith God will take care of the situation.

I have learned a very valuable lesson in listening to the spirit and letting him guide you through your prayers.

Dale, my husband was diagnosed with cancer this past March, his tumor was in his neck. ( I could elaborate more on this, but will share that at a later time) Our entire family immediately prayed and added his name to their prayer chains, we had so many prayers going out to God. I prayed and prayed for God's healing.........one night during my prayer time I once again was praying for the cancer to be healed, as I prayed I suddenly felt a real sense of selfishness.........maybe God did not intend on healing this neck cancer.......and that is exactly how my prayer changed, I told God that I was praying a selfish prayer and that I trusted him to do what he chose to do, and that I needed his strength to get through this and to be strong for Dale. Immediately I felt a peace. I shared this with Dale sometime later in the week, and he told me that all would be fine, he shared with me his initial prayer to God, " This is what it is, God you gave this to me and now I am giving it back to you".

I can only say two words to my Lord and Savior........THANK YOU, I have never in my life had such a peace about something as I have this cancer. God does bring things to our lives to make us stronger, better believers.

We may never know all the reasons for the cancer, but we believe God is using this for his glory.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

That is beautiful, Susan. I love that verse (chapter) in the bible as well. God is so good! I'm continuing to pray for you and Dale.

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG