August 13, 2007

WHAT DID I DO THIS SUMMER AND WHAT DID I LEARN

I am answering a question from a fellow blogger
Danielle B
(http://musingsofamiddleagedwoman.blogspot.com/index.html )
What did you do this summer and what did you learn?

I have spent a lot of time this summer talking with God.

I have spent most of this summer (actually began in the spring) loving, loving and loving some more.

I have spent this summer believing that God is in full control.

I have spent this summer appreciating and loving my family in a entirely different aspect.

I have spent this summer being blessed with the most loving and supportive family ( my two daughters, their spouses, my wonderful parents and my awesome sister).

I spent this summer learning what I take for granted.

I spent my summer thanking God for my health and for taking care of Dale (hubby)

Dale was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in his neck, so we spent most of our summer, seeing doctors, getting CTs, MRIs and biopsies.

I could preach a whole sermon on this summer, but the long and short of it is, we took what God gave us, turned it back over to him, prayed for guidance and STRENGTH and went on with the plans he put into place.

Dale and I spent our summer with surgery, radiation and chemo, We slowed down a lot and had a lot of good quality time together, laughing, crying, sharing, and learning a lot of things we really had not taken time to know about each other (that is really strange, we have been married for 29 years), God has a way of slowing you down to make you see things with new eyes.

I suppose in a nut shell, I grew up during this summer, learning the true meaning of love, happiness and that God is there to make it all wonderful.

So..............what did you learn this summer?

3 comments:

Janet said...

Good post, now I will go to my blog and answer the same question!!
Love you.....................

Deidre said...

I love this post, Susan. I make the girls in my SS class write a short answer to this question each September....what God has taught them over the summer. I love doing it. It forces you to pick out the lessons God has taught you during those months.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! I enjoyed reading this post. It is truly amazing what we are taught in the most dire of circumstances...if we just pause a moment to learn. Thank you for taking this question to your own post. It does help us to get to know everyone just a bit better!

BUMGARNER'S BLOG

BUMGARNER'S BLOG